About the Artist - Diane Yousouf
I am a Sydney based Contemporary Landscape artist working in oils, acrylics, soft pastels and watercolour.
I love the colours of the Australian terrain. The dramatic bushland and vibrant seascapes attract me and I always try to capture that distinctively intense Australian light.
My works are held in private and corporate collections in Australia and overseas.
Bankstown Art Society is one of Sydney's oldest art societies. The society has a rich history with many well known artists that have been members or visitors to the society. I was a member of Bankstown Art Society for ten years. During that time I held various positions on the committee. These included being the society Social Secretary and the Bankstown Art Society's delegate to the Combined Art Societies of Sydney committee. I was the Vice President and Secretary for the Bankstown Art Society for three years. During this time I also helped to put together the Society newsletter.
My time with the Bankstown Art Society was always interesting and varied. Holding these positions with BAS provided a wonderful opportunity to support the BAS members and promote the society within the local community.
I am currently an exhibiting member with the Combined Art Societies of Sydney, Oatley 101 Society of Artists, Friends of Campbelltown Art Gallery and the Pastel Society of Victoria Australia.
Exhibitions and Awards:
Capture Fairfield Visual Arts and Photography Exhibition
- 2022 - Third Place - Adult Visual Arts
- 2021 - Third Place - Adult Visual Arts
- 2020 - First Place - Adult Visual Arts
Gallery ONE88, Katoomba
- CASS Exhibition - 2022, 2019
- My painting “Boars Head Lookout” features on the advertising poster for the 2022 Exhibition
Solo Exhibition: Bankstown Art Center Incubate Gallery
Australian National Maritime Museum Sydney :
- Finalist - 2021, 2019 and every year since 2008
- 2013 - Commended
- 2008 - Commended
Bankstown Art Society Exhibitions:
- 2019 - 1st Prize Winner - Australian Landscape Section
- 2015 - Commended & Finalist
- 2014 – 1st Prize Winner – “The Paceway Award”
- 2010 – Highly Commended
Parramatta Art Society Exhibitions :
- 2013 – 2nd Prize Winner – Acrylics - in Open Awards
Fisher’s Ghost Art Prize :
- Finalist - 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2011
Sydney Royal Easter Show Art Prize:
- Finalist - 2022, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2010, 2009 and 2008
Drummoyne Art Show:
- Finalist - 2021, 2020, 2019, 2011 and 2008
Diane Yousouf Acrylic Art Demonstrations:
- Bankstown Art Society - 2015, 2018 and 2020
Diane Yousouf Pen and Wash Demonstration:
- Bankstown Art Society - 2019
Biography: Studied in Sydney – Acrylics - Oils - Pastels – Tutor LINDA SIMONIS , Drawing with Tutor RICHARD PORTER, Contemporary Art with Tutor GLENDA CARTER